The walk or bike will take place between one and four pm. The following gardens will participate:
• Thomas Garden – 2655 W. Thomas this garden offers a number of shade plants and a few raised vegetable beds in the back that we rent out each season Check out their blogspot!
• Monarch Garden – 1050 N. California huge garden by Norwegian Hospital, is a way-station for migrating monarch butterflies and provide space for research sponsored by Northwestern University on the health effects of urban gardening. Check out their blogspot!
• El Coqui – 2604 W. Crystal named after Puerto Rico’s beloved symbol of the Coqui tree frog and has been part of the community since 1998 Check out more here!
• Our Block – grows ingredients for the Chi-Town Chefs program, a youth produced cooking show that airs on CAN-TV and is related to the successful Chicago hot sauce Co-op.
• Harold Washington – 2656 W. Potomac communally-maintained decorative garden with space to hold community events.
• El Yunqe – 1459 N. Artesian is comprised of 13 growing beds, five of which are dedicated to community harvest Like them on Facebook here!
• Bon Appétit – 1224 N. Kedzie garden is operated by participating residents of the Humboldt Park community Like them on Facebook!
• Mozart Garden – 876 N. Mozart A neighborhood garden in the beginning stages, it’s location is on an empty Chicago Housing Authority lot which has been vacant for over 16 years Join our Facebook group!
• Ujima Garden – 549 N. Central Park Once a vacant lot full of contaminated soil, it has finally transformed into a beautiful garden