NeighborSpace connects our gardens to many free and reduced-price gardening resources. The best way to learn about these resources is to read the NeighborSpace newsletter emailed several times per year. Sign up for our email list and make sure that emails from email@example.com are not sent to your spam folder.
In the meantime, here’s a list of some of those resources. We will also send you this list in a confirmation email when you submit this form.
- Sign up for free wood chip delivery from Bartlett Tree Experts.
- Borrow from our tool lending library.
- Need a big group to come help out in your garden? Fill out the Group Volunteer Ready Gardens Form and we will contact you in case we hear of an opportunity.
- Get locks, signs, and more from our NeighborSpace Garden Needs form. link coming soon
- Attend annual Tool Up Trainings at NeighborSpace’s offices. These are the best way to acquire signage, free seeds, and other goodies in person
- Sign up for a NeighborSpace Soil Delivery Day. These occur 1-2 times a year. (NeighborSpace covers delivery costs.)
- Register your garden at the Chicago Urban Agriculture Mapping Project (CUAMP) so that volunteers can easily find your site.
- Check out Chicago Plant Rescue.
- Read our conflict resolution plan.
- Take part in the Chicago Community Gardeners Association‘s annual conference and other events plus resources that gardeners need (plants, workshops, camaraderie).
- Use NeighborSpace fiscal agency agreement to make online fundraising easy.
- Participate in the Forest Preserves of Cook County’s Conservation @ Home Program! Through the Conservation@Home program, residents of Cook County are encouraged to adopt “Forest Preserves Friendly” practices while providing wildlife and native plant habitat in residential, school, and community gardens.