Gardens are often seeking donations of various materials in good, working condition. If you have something you’d like to donate please contact NeighborSpace at (773)826-3240 or firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will help match your donation with a community garden in need.
We are open to any donations. However, we are especially looking for the following items:
- Gardening tools such as shovels and trowels
- Hoses and spray nozzles
- Landscape cloth/weed barrier
- Picnic tables and benches
- Compost and soil (organic)
- Gravel for paths
- Divided plants
- Garden gloves
- Protein/Snack Bars (great for large volunteer events)
- …or other garden materials that you want to put to a good use.
If you own open land in Chicago and wish to donate a parcel to NeighborSpace that is less than two acres in size, please contact Executive Director Ben Helphand. We would be pleased to work with you to find the most appropriate strategy for a tax-deductible donation of property. In rare situations, NeighborSpace may be able to purchase open lands that are less than two acres in size.