Being Chicago’s only non-profit community garden land trust is a challenge, but it’s worth it. From Rogers Park to Austin to South Shore and in between, embracing vegetable, flower, pantry, nature play, and prairie gardens as well as job-training farms, and working with a wide array of community partners*, NeighborSpace preserves a growing network of 96 sites. To do all this, we depend upon the support of individuals like you.
NeighborSpace is a 501(c)(3) organization, and all contributions are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. There are several ways to donate:
- Make a secure online donation via Public Good Software.
- Download our donor form, print it out, and send it with your check to
445 N Sacramento Blvd, Suite 204
Chicago, IL 60612
- Contact us by email or call (773)826-3240 for assistance in making a donation.
Thank you for your support!
Gardens are often seeking donations of various materials in good, working condition. If you have something you’d like to donate please contact NeighborSpace at 773-826-3240 or email@example.com, and we will help match your donation with a community garden in need.
We are open to any donations. However, we are especially looking for the following items:
- Gardening tools such as shovels and trowels
- Hoses and spray nozzles
- Landscape cloth/weed barrier
- Picnic tables and benches
- Compost and soil (organic)
- Gravel for paths
- Divided plants
- Garden gloves
- …or other garden materials that you want to put to a good use.
If you own open land in Chicago and wish to donate a parcel to NeighborSpace that is less than two acres in size, please contact Executive Director Ben Helphand. We would be pleased to work with you to find the most appropriate strategy for a tax-deductible donation of property. In rare situations, NeighborSpace may be able to purchase open lands that are less than two acres in size.