As part of our ongoing collaboration with Connecting Chicago Community Gardens (CCCG), we are helping to facilitate a multi-site plant giveaway on Saturday, September 28th. We need volunteers to help run the event. This is a great chance to connect with your fellow gardeners and help gardens all over the city, while also getting first dibs on some nice perrenials.
Plant Giveaway Locations:
- Garfield Park at Kedzie and Lake
- Pullman at 111th Place and Cottage Grove
- Dunning Garden near Wright College at 4242 N Neenah
Volunteers are needed at all three sites during the following shifts:
- 8:30am-10:30am – unload and divide plants, registration
- 10:00am-12:00pm – crowd control, registration, load cars
- 12:00-2:00pm – registration, load cars
- 2:00-3:00pm – clean-up
If you are available to volunteer please email Elvia Rodriguez-Ochoa at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your response, please include the time you are available and the location where you can volunteer.
Angela Taylor, the host for the Garfield Park giveaway, is also looking for volunteers the night before, Sept 27th to unload the trucks at the Kedzie and Lake location. If interested, contact Angela directly at email@example.com.